Thursday, February 18, 2021

Long time, no write!

 It's been a very long time since I last wrote anything for this blog. The world, as I'm sure you know, has gone crazy. Over the UK's numerous lockdowns, I lost the motivation to write anything. My lack of school and my depleting literary skills did not help one bit. But now, in Lockdown #3, I decided it's time to finally stop letting the sadness get to me, and to start helping others. 

First up!: Discord! I've made a Discord support server for anybody - whether you have arthritis or want to support someone who does - this is the place for you. Whilst it's still a work in progress, I'd like to welcome anybody interested who maybe needs support, or if you'd like to meet people who have the same condition as you! Or, you may be interested in learning about arthritis to help somebody you know? If that's the case, give yourself a pat on the back! Arthritis can be a dark place for some people, so taking the time to learn about this condition is a wonderful thing to do. Here is the link: https://discord.gg/C9CXmKA

Please feel free to share this to anybody you think it may help :)

Secondly, YouTube!: I've had a YouTube channel in the works for a while now, but I'm at a loss for what content to make. I'd like some input from people on what you'd think would be worth talking about! Please comment on this post or send me an email at jiacaitlyn@gmail.com

Ko-fi/Donations!: In my free time, I love to draw! And I remember that, during my diagnosis, I was given a booklet to help people understand arthritis better, including myself, my family, my teachers and my friends. This booklet was called Tim Has Arthritis and I, being interested in art and illustration, would love to make my own series of booklets such as these. I would like to make ones separate for each 'crucial stage' of your life. For example, dealing with arthritis becomes different once you transition from primary school to secondary school, then to college/sixth form. You learn how to cope with it physically, but it then mentally becomes more of a challenge. I'd love to create a resource for people of all ages, and help their friends/family/teachers understand arthritis and the physical (and mental) toll it can take as we get older. I will set up a Ko-Fi page for donations, for those who would like to help make this happen! If you donate, you'll get your name in the booklets! 

I would also like to use this platform to raise money for arthritis charities, such as Versus Arthritis. 

I hope you are all keeping safe and well ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long time, no write!

 It's been a very long time since I last wrote anything for this blog. The world, as I'm sure you know, has gone crazy. Over the UK&...